CLIENT: Fondazione Cortina 2021
Cortina 2021 Official App: the mobile platform to live #roadtoCortina2021
//Developing a fan engagement strategy for the Alpine Ski World Championships
Fondazione Cortina 2021 is the Organizing Committee of the Alpine Ski World Championships 2021 founded by the FISI (Italian Winter Sports Federation), the Municipality of Cortina, the Province of Belluno, the Veneto Region and it is chaired by Alessandro Benetton and directed by Chief Executive Officer Valerio Giacobbi.
Born in 2017 to organize the Women’s Ski World Cup, it has been engaged in the planning of 28 international ski competitions like the World Cup – including the finals that should have been held last March in territory of Ampezzo – and the World Championships.
Since 2019 Fondazione Cortina 2021 has decided to rely on the experience and know-how of IQUII in order to develop, grow up and enhance Cortina 2021’s brand as well as to strengthen the communication model and give all ski fans an immersive experience in view of the Alpine Ski World Cup next year.
The Digital Consulting Company has supported Fondazione Cortina 2021 in maximizing the engagement of its community, improving all skiing lovers experience during live events, also driving them along what has been identified as the #roadtoCortina2021.
The project has been launched last year and IQUII figures out as Official Digital Provider until 2021 providing as technology as strategy consulting. The goal is to provide digital support during the event, by building a completely innovative sport business model for the brand Cortina 2021.
The three-year partnership established in 2019 immediately brought to life a new website, a touchpoint owned by Fondazione Cortina where it can produces and plans new contents on the sports event, from behind the scenes to the enhancement of the territory that is the backdrop to ski competitions. It also grants further visibility spaces to its partners.
Then a new touchpoint has been added to the digital channels developed by the partnership between IQUII and Fondazione Cortina in order to offer its fans an immersive and customized experience: Cortina 2021 Official App.
The platform has been designed on Sport XP framework powered by IQUII, to give Fondazione Cortina the chance to integrate all its physical and digital touchpoints in one single solution, by using a middleware technology, and thus transforming the mobile application into a strategic tool not only in a technological level, but that allows so much to easily convey all the content to fans through mobile devices. It allows Fondazione Cortina 2021 to centralize and monitor easily all data acquired and spread on different touchpoints of the brand to develop marketing and data driven loyalty strategies.
The use of the Sport Platform allows Fondazione Cortina to start a path of data exploitation useful to activate a more customized and tailor-made services for its fanbase.
The latest step consisted in integrating Fanize, the Loyalty and Fan Engagement platform designed by IQUII to offer ski enthusiasts the opportunity to be the real protagonists of the World Championship and to lose themselves in the atmosphere of the Dolomites through the mechanics of engaging gamification as live quiz, instant win, micro games, survey.
Thanks to Fanize all user can collect points and arise their status through profiling actions and games and they have the chance to win prizes among those available on the Catalogue and provided by Fondazione Cortina 2021 Partners.
Thanks to the new release of Cortina 2021 Official App today all skii enthusiasts can:
- Read and browse news, photos and media contents of all stages of the Ski World Cup;
- Consulting the calendar with the scheduled events and the results of the stages of the Ski World Cup;
- Play and participate in live quizzes, micro games, surveys and win prizes from the dedicated catalog;
- Stay up to date on all the content published on the social media thanks to the “Social Media” section;
- Participate in the Ask to get in direct contact with the two Ambassadors of the event, Sofia Goggia and Kristian Ghedina, to ask curiosity and anecdotes.
The creation of the two user-friendly and highly integrated platforms has led to the following results:
- Fans and all users can live as protagonists the emotion of the Alpine Skiing World Championship, maximizing their involvement;
- The Organizing Committee can exploit the fanbase data, centralizing the information obtained from fans and ensuring a customized experience;
- Fondazione Cortina 2021 can enhance the connection with commercial partners, reserving them a dedicated space in a prize catalogue that encourages direct contact between sponsors and potential new users.